AZ License Requirements
Before you can get your AZ license and find a truck driving job in Ontario, you need to meet these AZ license requirements...
The following is a list of AZ license requirements we'll ask you for, prior to registering for our AZ license course...
- A valid “G” class driver’s license.
- Proof of Grade 10 English or higher (admissions test offered on campus if unable to provide)
- A driver’s abstract - This is a 3-year search of your driving record. It’s available through the Ministry of Transportation for $12 (3-year uncertified) Click here to order your abstract online.
- Criminal record search - You may obtain a criminal record search from your local police organization. You will need two pieces of identification with you to apply, and the cost is $40. Click here for more information on obtaining a criminal record check in the Waterloo Region.
- Mechanical aptitude test - To register for the AZ Licensing, you are required to pass a mechanical aptitude test. There is no charge for this test.
- Written and road test fee of $122.75. This amount covers your written knowledge test for the 'Class A' licence at the Drive Test Centre, as well as the road test fee.
Other AZ license requirements include...
- You must be of legal age. In Ontario, you must be 18 years old or older to obtain an AZ license. In the U.S., the minimum age is 21.
- You must meet Ontario and U.S. medical requirements. Fees vary from $50 - $250. Check with your doctor to confirm the fees and make an appointment for your medical testing. If you do not have a doctor, contact Driver Check Medical Testing (www.drivercheck.ca) at 1-800-463-4310.
- If you plan on driving into the United States, you must have a Canadian passport or U.S. travel visa.
- Once you have completed the AZ License Course, You will also be required to obtain a FAST card by most carriers for employment.