AZ License Requirements
Before you can get your AZ license and find a truck driving job in Ontario, you need to meet these AZ license requirements...
The following is a list of AZ license requirements we'll ask you for, prior to registering for our AZ license course...
- A valid “G” class driver’s license.
- OSSD grade 12 diploma (or higher), or proof of Grade 10 English equivalency, or TOWES test.
- A driver’s abstract - This is a 3-year search of your driving record. It’s available through the Ministry of Transportation for $12. Click here to order your abstract online.
- Criminal record search - You may obtain a criminal record search from your local police organization. You will need two pieces of identification with you to apply, and the cost is $40. Click here for more information on obtaining a criminal record check in the Waterloo Region.
- Mechanical aptitude test - To register for the AZ Licensing, you are required to pass a mechanical aptitude test. There is no charge for this test.
- Written and road test fee of $120. This fee covers your written exams for both the “Class A” or “Class D” test and the Drive Test Centre, as well as the road test.Enter your text here...
Other AZ license requirements include...
- You must be of legal age. In Ontario, you must be 18 years old or older to obtain an AZ license. In the U.S., the minimum age is 21.
- You must meet Ontario and U.S. medical requirements. Fees vary from $50 - $150. Check with your doctor to confirm the fees and make an appointment for your medical testing. If you do not have a doctor, contact Driver Check Medical Testing (www.drivercheck.ca) at 1-800-463-4310.
- If you plan on driving into the United States, you must have a Canadian passport or U.S. travel visa.
- Once you have completed the AZ License Course, You will also be required to obtain a FAST card by most carriers for employment.