We’re Hiring: Part-Time (BZ) Transit Instructor
Does this sound like you?
- You love to teach.
- You have experience driving a transit, or school bus.
- You’re looking for a rewarding part-time job.
If so, we might have just the thing you’re looking for.
This part-time position would require you to train in-bus for 2 to 2 1/2 week period, approximately five times per year.
You would be primarily responsible for training new Grand River Transit Bus Operators who are upgrading their license from G to BZ.
New Transit Operators receive 3-weeks of training to MTO standards.
Your major function would be to deliver training on the bus and through coaching. You would then train the new recruits to safely operate a transit bus and prepare them to obtain a class BZ license.
- Training topics include:
- Operating air brakes
- Preparation for the BZ practical test at the Drivetest Centre.
Another important responsibility of the Tri-County Training Instructor is evaluating the skills of new Operators and providing learner feedback using various testing and assessment tools. Informal feedback is provided daily. Instructors are also responsible for providing support and guidance to Operators.
There is also some administrative work involved in this position, including but not limited to:
- training records
- time sheets
Qualifications and Skills
Here’s what we’re looking for in the ideal candidate…
- Minimum grade-12 diploma
- Minimum of five years safe bus operating experience.
- Coaching experience (preferred)
- Current criminal record check
- Current drivers abstract
Here’s How To Apply…
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (attn: Richard Wynia)
- Fax your resume to (519) 622-4002
- Drop your resume off in person. Click here for directions to our campus.
(NOTE: Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted)